Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A weekend to remember


Over the weekend I went to Virginia to spend some time with Christie. What a blessing to find a kindred spirit in my daughter! While we don't share the same taste in decor, we have found that we share an interest in home decorating, in vintage finds (though she leans toward more modern vintage), in reading, in fabric, in writing. We spent a sweltering Saturday in Leesburg, Virginia exploring flea markets and antique stores. One of my goals was to visit the store "Four Shabby Chicks", now located on King Street. I wasn't disappointed! It was filled with all kinds of treasures. We had fun just poking around. I saw a beautiful white dresser with shell decorations. I'd love to take that idea home and do something with it. I didn't buy anything--this time--but I will another day. Christie had a recent "accident" involving her favorite bag and one of her kitties. So we went to the fabric store in Fairfax to look for some new fabric. We were overwelmed by the choices! It was like a candy store; lots of colors and flavors! I couldn't resist a piece of chocolate colored floral fabric. Perfect for my stash! Christie didn't find a fabric for her bag but we bought a couple of smaller pieces as a quilt challenge for Grama. I know Mom will figure out a way to make two clashing pieces of fabric work together, like magic! From there we went to Yesterday's Rose. We've been there a few times before. Saturday they were having a half off everything sale. Our creative urges went into overdrive as we took our time going through old dishes and other home finds. Saturday night we finally collapsed but not before we made a meal of homemade amaretto sours and buffalo chicken salad. Sunday was the best part of the weekend. Christie made me afternoon tea. What a treat!! Back in March we visited a local tea shop for UK's Mother's Day. Christie was inspired to create a tea for us at home. We had cute sandwiches and scones on dishes she found recently at Yesterday's Rose. We had a great time taking photos of our handiwork. You would think we were creating a photo spread for a fancy magazine! I felt so special. I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!