Friday, October 19, 2007

Morning Writing

Most mornings begin here, writing in my journal. I don't use anything special for materials--composition books hold my thoughts. I buy a bunch of them when it's the beginning of the school year. You can get them for about 50 cents a piece. It's easier to write and have fun when the journal wasn't an investment. I used to use fancy journals and I was never as free as I am now that I use something so simple to write in. Last year I gave my daughter the book "Simple Abundance" for Christmas and so I decided to re-read it this year. What a classic! Every time I've read it, I've been blessed by it's wisdom. When I sit down to write, I often think of something I need to do. Thank goodness for post-it notes and index cards! I've read lots of books about journaling and I'm excited to try art journaling, though I've come to realize that I am not so much artistic as I am enthusiastic! I've cut and paste for years, filling books with images that appeal to me. This spot is a place of peace in my hectic life and I look forward to getting up each day to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!