
I am determined to get some Christmas decorating done tonight. I'm starting in the kitchen, which I have now thoroughly cleaned while listening to "Charlie Brown's Christmas." It made me cry, just a wee bit. I miss my kids. "Christmastime is Here" makes me nostalgic for those happy times when they were small. I'll see them both soon....but sometimes I long to see their sweet faces.
courtesy of bhg.comSpeaking of sweet....I would like to make a little vignette using starlight candies and candy canes. I could use some red hots too......
Kathy,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for coming out of lurkdom and leaving me such sweet, sweet comments. I read through a few posts of yours and I must say we have a lot in common (besides crying every time we hear Judy sing that song!) Since we typically do not have the nativity up until the Epiphany, the Wise Men are put out with the rest of them. Except the baby Jesus. We have always put him out on Christmas Eve right after Midnight Mass.
My mother adores the Charlie Brown Christmas special so my whole life has involved the Peanuts, their singing and especially Linus' definition of what Christmas is all about.
Thank you so much again for dropping by. Come back again!!
Love,
Julie
I love your blog and your header is so charming. Your post made me cry. My girls are nineteen and sixteen, but just one more time I wish they could run in the door after building a snowman and be excited that Santa will be arriving soon. There is something about the music from the Charlie Brown Christmas that makes you feel young again. Blessings, Karen
ReplyDelete