Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Best Thing

This weekend I'm heading to Virginia to see Christie and Karen. I've said this before. There isn't anything in my life that has been better than being mother to those two girls. I've done a few things. I've even done a couple of things pretty well. But nothing compares to raising them. While I'm in Virginia, we are going to see Christie's wedding dress. It came in this last week and we have an appointment tomorrow for her to try it on. I didn't cry the first time when we were shopping but I have a feeling when I see her in THE ONE it may do me in. Casey is one lucky guy to have her. Okay, maybe not lucky. But blessed. I prayed for just the right husband for my daughters and I still laugh to myself about God's sense of humor in choosing Casey for Christie. He's her "high school sweetheart" and I will never forget when the "light went on" and I realized they liked each other!! It never occurred to me then that we would be planning a wedding now. Casey has really proved himself to be a good match for our daughter. He's come a long way since those high school days! I wonder where he will hide this weekend when the "mother-in-law-to-be" comes for a visit?

I'm still praying for Karen. I call her my wild pony. She's really not that wild but she is playful and funny and ready to explore the world. I know she longs for a little romance in her life. I pray that she finds it in due time. I'm excited to see her this weekend in her first main stage play in college.

My dear husband says there is no greater job in the world than to be someone's mother. It may be old-fashioned, but I agree with him. It's the best thing ever.



4 comments:

  1. It's not nice to write things that will make me tear up at work, Mom. ;) You should be the key note speaker at the wedding... they have those, right? Haha! LOVE YOU and can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the sweetest posts I've ever read. What a tribute to your daughters and to motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, there is nothing like being a mother! Lovely daughters by the way.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day and for your sweet and kind comments. I really appreciate them.

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wonderful mother....just wanted to stop by and say thank you...thank you...thank you for all of your sweet comments on my birthday (and happy birthday to your sister too)!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!

    smiles, kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!