
One of my favorite pastimes is to read decorating magazines. I've "cut and pasted" for years. I love images from old homes. What escape! I keep files on all kinds of things. I have a big desk area with room to read, write (journal) and dream.


My trusty sewing machine. I bought it the first year I made dolls. It leads a lonely life these days. I haven't sewn much in a while. But I feel motivated to begin again. I certainly have enough fabric to start (and finish) many projects!


Lately I have dabbled in "paper" crafts. I have quickly learned I do not have a talent for them but I do love to journal and scrapbook. This is a prime spot to have tea with a visitor (occasionally my mom but I had a heart to heart visit with my sister not that long ago) and to watch TV.

My sewing room mascots--Mary and Martha. They could use some gussying up. But they are friendly little faces. This room is the great escape for me. I'd like to learn how to take amazing close up photos of some of the details. I'll add it to the list of my many projects!
So great to have a place to dream! And I do love Mary and Martha sheep! LOL!
ReplyDeleteHappy night!
Melissa
You do have a lovely space for dreaming...
ReplyDeleteCome visit me and look for the vintage bed pocket/organizer...it'll put your sewing machine right back into business!