Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Litera-Tea

This week for Gracious Hospitality's blog-a-thon, the theme is "Litera-tea". For the life of me, I couldn't think of a single reference to tea in a book that I've read. But I have books about tea! Here is some of my collection, kept on a shelf in my kitchen.
I love to read the recipes, look at the photos, and plan tea. There's nothing like a good magazine, tea, and scones. Except maybe to have tea in England. I have a book that tells all the best places to go once I get there.
Until I can actually visit the UK again and have tea, I have my picture books to keep me entertained and inspired.

For many years the card below hung framed in my kitchen. It reflects my sentiments about tea exactly!

10 comments:

  1. There's just something about having tea in the U.K.
    Isn't it wonderful to have books to give us inspiration for our tea times. Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine having tea in the UK quite the occasion, seems so much more romantic than tea at home. I have not been fortunate enough to have had that pleasure but a girl can dream can't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll say that you have a collection of books about tea. I don't think I have more than one. This is a terrible state of affairs...must shop soon.

    I like that quote...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to go to England, just to have tea!!!! Your blog is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I agree with you, tea in the UK is wonderful. I had tea with my daughter at the top of the National Portrait Museum in London overlooking the rooftops. I almost expected the chimney sweeps from Mary Poppins to dance by. I love your book collection, and thank you so much for telling me about this tea-a-thon. Have a wonderful weekend, I can't wait to see what teatime challenges are on the horizon. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stopped back to say what I originally came to say, but got so lost in your words about tea and the UK I nearly forgot. There is a Bling Your Birdhouse going on and I joined in on the fun. Please stop by, I am giving away a birdhouse mini canvas. Just leave a comment and come look at all the birdhouses. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having tea in England is one of the things on my list of things to do in this life! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the book review --- and how fun to have a book that outlines all the places you want to visit next when in the UK. And the ME print --- it's perfect! So cheerful and is the true essence of tea!

    Thank you for sharing in the Gracious Hospital-i-Tea blog-a-thon.

    LaTeaDah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teatime in Vermont is one thing I look forward to. I may never get across the ocean, but I know I can find elegance and comfort in my sister's home.
    Your book collection maybe inspiring, but your table is always inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmmmm...tea and scones! I love a formal English tea too. Did you ever try marmite?

    Thanks for your kinds comments about the loss of our little cat. We miss him so much.

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!