Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend Treasures

I started out the weekend thinking Mom and I would be doing some serious thrift shopping. Ah, the hunt for treasure. "Real life" things filled up our time together; our weekly visit to my dear grandmother at the nursing home, grocery shopping, errands.....However, we did get to one wee thrift store and I found the perfect doily for a project I wanted to try. Last week Martha Stewart had a segment on making bowls from doilies and fabric stiffener. She showed her favorite--one with a pansy edge and I say to myself, too bad I don't have one of those in my stash......

As it turns out, Country Living Magazine featured the same project this month. So for 63 cents (the cost of the doily) and some fabric stiffener, I made this cute bowl:
Thursday I received my Sweet Nest swap from Sue. She cleverly put the nest at the top of a candle holder:


I love the little bride birdie she created. She knows I am in the throes of planning an August wedding for my daughter.

I didn't find the potted flowers I hoped for (maybe next weekend) but I did find some daffodils and I created a tablescape for Easter week. I need some more decorations. I have NO idea where I put my bunnies.......

3 comments:

  1. I love the bride birdie! And I also love the picture of my Runtley Marie! Yes, I know I said "my," but she started out as mine so it's okay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bowl, I remember a neighbor when I was little made angels using the same technique. She used them to hang on all of her shades in her home. Look at your swap treasure, I love everything with birds. Happy St. Patrick's Day.
    Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me that I have not yet received my Country Living magazine for this month...hmmmm...

    That pansy bowl is so sweet and I have a pansy doily so I'll be checking the directions out for sure.

    Your nest swap item is too adorable. I love your tablescape, too. Everything is looking so festive for Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!