Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Call me old-fashioned, but there is something incredibly satisfying about spring cleaning. As the sun shines into the house, I can see dust that wasn't noticable in the dark of winter. While I know that Sunday is meant to be a day of rest, I spent some time thoroughly cleaning my laundry room/office. I tossed old mail. I reorganized shelves. I moved things around. And I cleaned. The utility sink was a disaster. The computer full of dust. So I scrubbed and I vacuumed and this morning when I went to do some laundry, I smiled.

A few years ago I was introduced to Flylady. She changed my life with her down-to-earth wisdom about keeping house. My kitchen sink is usually clean. My bed is always made. I regularly de-clutter and I love the house blessing hour. But in the spring, following some special seasonal cleaning, there is true contentment in seeing my home sparkle in the April sunshine.

7 comments:

  1. :> Glad that you still enjoy a good spring cleaning. I gave it up several years ago when FlyLady became a part of my life with one exception...the curtains and windows must be done in the spring for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I haven't begun my Spring cleaning yet. I love to get rid of clutter in the Spring, open the windows and let the curtains blow in the breeze. I hope your arm is on the mend, with all that Spring cleaning. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you although I hate washing windows. It's still cold here in northern Illinois but I still open the windows for some fresh air. Unfortunately in a month or so when the farmer's start plowing I'll have to close them again or dust the furniture three times a day!

    - Suzanne, the Farmer's WIfe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to see some spring cleaning going on! (since I myself need to get on that one!)

    I found Fly Lady about 7 or 8 years ago when my son was small and I was taking care of him and my nephew all day (he is just 5 weeks older). With two infants in the house, it was chaos. But I loved her simple approach and I was a faithful Fly Baby. I had a shiny sink and shoes on my feet! And made my bed!

    Happy day,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you STILL cleaning? Come out and play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy,
    I stopped back to tag you in a blogging game. Please stop by and join in the fun. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good, glad you love it. I'll get out of my house, go riding on my Harley and you can come clean my house. I do not like spring cleaning. I like reorganizing, but its only fun when you have room in your house, but I have no room and grown children never leave home...not that I want them to, but UGH! My house gets spring repainting...why clean when you can paint over it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!