Monday, May 12, 2008

97 Down, 3 to Go!

The deed is done. My youngest daughter waves goodbye to college life and enters the "real world". Does anyone really know what the "real world" is for sure? Her life isn't the only one changed by the event. Her father and I enter a new realm as well. We have had a child in school for the last 18 years. What will we do in September when the air turns cool and it's time to buy books and sneakers?? WE are going on VACATION! Not sure where yet. Stay tuned.


I am on post number 98. I am still in awe when I log on and see that someone has been to visit my blog and commented. Blogging has opened a new world to me and I love the whole process.

Let this be the announcement that I will be having a 100th post give-away. I have really enjoyed Gracious Hospitality's Tea Blog-a-Thon so I've decided to focus on this week's tea contribution for my 100th post. I'm not sure how the two things tie together but I'm thinking about it.

This morning my husband was greeted by a porcupine as he left for work. At lunch time I noticed Mr and Mrs Rose Breasted Grosbeak have returned to the feeder. Ah, spring!

3 comments:

  1. More congrats to your daughter...you'll have to keep us informed about what she's up to. Such an exciting time for her, I'm sure.

    So you're going on vacation in September? That sounds like a great plan and a wonderful way to make a new tradition. I am always strangely drawn to the school aisle come August. Years of doing it...years and years...have made it just like a magnet for me. I think I need to make different plans, too.

    Your giveaway in connection with the La Tea Dah's event sounds very intriguing...I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strike "the" Ha! I am no good at editing after 8 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vacation. Sounds real good to me... So does the countdown to 100!

    One time I went out to check on our cow and her face was covered in quills. Poor gal. I pulled them out one at a time, she stood so still. Hope your husband wasn't wounded!

    *Heidi*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!