Thursday, August 7, 2008

Two Days to Go......

There's no escaping it. We haven't seen sunshine in days and rain showers are forecast for Saturday. Thankfully we have a beautiful white tent poised in the field awaiting our guests. Once the toast is poured and the music begins, no one will notice the sky.
The bride remains calm and the hard work of planning and preparation have paid off in the final hours. Today the flowers arrive (hundreds of roses!) and family and friends begin to make their way here. My future son-in-law has an uncle who has been in Afganistan. He arrived home safely last night. Rain is a small thing when your family is near to help celebrate!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the rains stop for a while and the wedding day is sunny and gorgeous. Take a deep breath and enjoy--it will be over before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that the bride is calm and that the mother of the bride has things under control and that a loved one is safely home from Afghanistan. Wishing everyone all the best! (I'm also believing that the sun will shine. I can dream.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!