
I'm excited! Mike and I are going to visit Karen in Philadelphia. She decided to move there late this summer and pursue her theatre career, in either props or scenic carpentry. She is still looking for a job. Any job. It's a little scary for her Mom and Dad!

Last September my daughters and I visited Philly having no idea that it would be a destination for Karen just one year later. We stayed at a hotel right near Philadelphia City Hall. It's a huge building with some amazing architectural features.

I'm really not into Halloween at all. I won't get on my soapbox about it. I took this photo from the courtyard at the City Hall. Creepy......perfect for a spooky holiday.

I'm looking forward to meeting my daughter's housemates, exploring her neighborhood, and getting reacquainted with Philadephia. Don't be frightened, Karen! Your parents are coming!
What fun to be off for a visit. We have a young family member living in a big city without a job right now, too. Yup, scary. Anyway, have a wonderful time in Philadelphia.
ReplyDeleteHow refreshing to find one other person who isn't into Halloween. I am not at all...sometimes I feel a little like Scrooge, but mostly I just feel like enjoying October on its God-given merits alone, which are considerable. Perhaps it's a case of our living in the Northeast where the finest display of the year is just beyond our windows.
Oh, Halloween...you're not alone. I'm not into it either.
ReplyDeleteHope your trip to Philadelphia and visit with your daughter is wonderful!
Kathy