Monday, November 3, 2008

November

A psalm. For giving thanks.
1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100
My Christian journey has been a rocky one. I guess that's not so uncommon. Because I have been hurt so many times (most often by other Christians), I've been guarded about sharing my faith. Over the last couple of years, I've been healed of many of the painful things that have occurred in the past. I'm thankful for that. I am most thankful that in the healing, I have been drawn closer to the Lord rather than pushed further from Him.
November is a month where so many of us are thinking about what we are grateful for. I'm thankful for my faith. It's not a "given". It's often a struggle. Yet as I reflect on Psalm 100, I am reminded again and again that I have a God who is faithful to me when I focus on Him. I know there are times when He has searched me out, when I have had to choose whether I would continue to believe or reject my faith.
When I am honest about it, when I look very closely, I have to give thanks. I am grateful for all of the times I can see God's hand on my life. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving Day when our family comes together at one big table and we hold hands and say grace. And, then feast!

3 comments:

  1. Nineteen hours ago this was posted and just now it's showing up. I really can't trust my blogroll.

    Love these honest thoughts expressed here. We all have these seasons I've come to believe. Isn't it wonderful that He sees us through no matter what?

    Hope that all is well in Vermont...it was such an incredibly mild, beautiful day here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely said. My faith is so important to me, God has been good in and through it all. Amen to your Psalm today!
    *Heidi*

    ReplyDelete
  3. He never leaves us or forsakes us!
    I memorized your verse when I was 13...now I want my kids to memorize it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!