Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Love of Books

I love to read. I love my books. I love libraries and Borders and the boxes of old books you see at flea markets. Vee recently invited her readers to join in on a tag she received. Here are the rules. If you read this please feel free to play along. (yes, I mean you Cindy and Christie)

The rules of this tag are these:1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.2. Share seven random and/or weird book facts about yourself.3. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Seven Random things about Books:

1. I come from a long line of book lovers and readers. In fact, the second post I ever wrote on my blog was about this very thing. You can see it here. I have three sisters and though we are completely different personalities, we all love to read. (Thanks Mom!)

2. Every year since my daughters were small, I’ve purchased a Christmas book for them. I now have quite a collection of Christmas books to display each year. Mostly picture books, even the adults enjoy thumbing through them after dinner.

3. An early memory I have of reading involves being in the second grade and going to the library to borrow books. Someone told me I couldn’t take a book out because the reading level was “too high”. My teacher assured them that yes, Kathy can read fourth and fifth grade level books! The book I took out of the library that day was a biography of Helen Keller.

4. When I was growing up, I read books from my mother’s childhood and loved them, especially Betsy Tacy and Tib books. Of course I read Nancy Drew and Bobbsey Twins too! And all of the Frances Hodgson Burnett books. A Little Princess was a favorite.

5. My favorite book of all time is “Katherine” by Anya Seton. My friend Paula introduced me to Anya Seton when we were in high school. I do enjoy a good historical novel!

6.I have a tall stack of books beside my bed just begging to be read. My mother recently gifted me with the #1 Ladies Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith. They are at the top of the stack.

7. If I read 50 or 100 pages of a book and I don’t like it, I don’t finish it. I know a lot of readers finish no matter what but I can’t waste my time that way! There’s always another book ready to be read.


This was fun to think about. Play along. Or simply be thankful we live in a place where we can collect books and read freely!

2 comments:

  1. Oh good! I'm glad that you did this one. Your favorite book I've never heard of so that's one that gets written down and looked for. I agree with you about not finishing a book if it's dull as toast after 50 pages. That's long enough for any author to get it in gear. :D

    Off to the post office...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be playing along, you can be sure of that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!