
A couple of springs ago, on a yard-saling field trip, Mom and I stopped at a cute red house in a town nearby. I spotted some really sweet dishes in a box and bought them immediately. I've used them (every day) ever since.

As it turned out, the dishes belonged to a woman who attends the same church as I do. This last summer she told me she had found a few more pieces of the dishes set and asked if I wanted them. I told her, "absolutely!!". One Sunday soon after, Shari handed me a bag with a sugar and creamer and some other dishes in it. She gave them to me as a gift. I was so pleased!

Shari gave me another gift this last Sunday. I haven't seen her too many times and really don't know her very well. After worship ended and we were leaving the sanctuary, Shari approached me and told me she reads my blog! She said she had found it through The Feathered Nest. (she told me how much she likes Dawn. I do too!)
I was dumbfounded. And so touched. It made my day. Shari had been in my thoughts--and prayers--all this last fall. Her daughter suffered some serious medical issues and was very ill. I prayed for her often, reminded by her gifts that I touch each day. Funny (and amazing) how things go around.
Oh...isn't that just so cool! I love the dishes too!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful! The dishes are so pretty and a great find for you. And now you learn "the rest of the story." Pretty amazing...
ReplyDeleteLove your dishes, Kathy, and the story behind them too.
ReplyDeleteTha is so sweet. The dishes are really pretty. They remind me of a set my grandmother had for years.
ReplyDelete