Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Master Procrastinator

(source)
Almost every morning (and often before bed) I write in my journal. It helps me download all of the thoughts and emotions I have every day and really helps me cope with the stresses in my life. Once in a while, I look back at what I wrote. Sometimes I am surprised at the insight. Other times I am appalled at how long it has taken me to perform some task or keep some promise.

I think I have been planning on making tote bags to take the grocery store to use instead of plastic for at least two years. The same with making a few cloth napkins. Thankfully Mom has made me a few napkins which I use every day. I’ve lived in my dream house for four years this month. I’ve had a vision of a couple of bolster pillows for my window seat in the bedroom for all of that time. I can’t tell you how many years I have told myself I would give up “white food” or more importantly take a walk every day. It seems each day there is a reason why I can’t. I always think “tomorrow is another day”. What if it isn’t?

About a month ago, I was inspired to write to my bloggy friend Carol and promised to send her a package of things from my sewing room. Carol makes quilts for a project she calls “Quilts for the North”. When she says North, she isn’t kidding! I’ve even written to her again and said—yes, I promise—I’m sending you a package. That package has ridden around in the back of my car for days followed by days of sitting next to my desk at work. It’s partly because I’m a bit confused by the customs form (a poor excuse—I can get help from the warehouse) and partly because I’m a Master Procrastinator.

Carol I’m sorry it has taken me so long to send you this gift. I love your blog and the work that you do. I’m embarrassed that I have let my bad habit get in the way of a blessing. The package IS finally on its way today. I hope it will be worth the wait to you and your daughter.

2 comments:

  1. Awe friend, that's okay. Life sometimes gets in the way, I totally understand. I often do the same thing. Thank you though for thinking of my Quilts for the North. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! Have you been peeking in on me, too? I am the world's best procrastinator...every bit as good as you are at it! =)

    I'm sure that it will be worth the wait for Carol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!