Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mid-Winter Thoughts




"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Ephesians 2:8-10


I'm a bit of a perfectionist. And not really good at it. LOL! I am blessed with a full life; family and friends, work and church and home. I love to decorate my house, quilt and sew, "cut and paste", read, think, journal, thrift shop (aka "treasure hunt"). I enjoy blogging and going out on Friday nights with Mom.


I want to be debt-free, have a raised bed garden, be more fruitful in my work at church, see my daughters more often, be more attentive to Bev and to Nana. I'd love to lose 50 pounds!


I've spent most of my life trying to fit in.....and to be "set apart". (You can't do both). I struggle with my "purpose". This has been especially challenging in the light of the current economy. I work full-time in an extremely stressful environment. I can't say too much about why other than to say I answer the phone eight hours a day for a struggling business. I'm not able to make most of my callers very happy. Lots of times I get home from work and just want to sit here.:

I grew up in a time where you were taught if you didn't have anything good to say, don't say anything. Blogging is such a wonderful way to connect with others if you are inspired and have something positive to say. On the days you are too tired or too cranky or uninspired, it may be best to give your writing a rest. It happens to me pretty regularly.

In the meantime, I received a couple of "awards" that really lifted my spirits. Thank you Carol for your encouragement and new friendship. I hope you enjoy the package.

Thank you Cindy and Christie for recognizing I really do try to give my all. Sometimes it's not all that much but if I have anything, you can have what I've got. I love you that much.

Now, it's time for work. I also want to finish the snowball quilt so I can take it to Barnyard Quilting on Saturday. I want to take pictures of my kitchen for Vee. I want to make Valentines (shhhh....don't tell!) I need to write to my dear nephew Nathan who is serving our country in the Persian Gulf (please pray for his safety). Gee, maybe I'll have some wonderful things to share over the next few days!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my sweet friend, you have bless me more than you'll ever know by your blog. When I didn't have a computer I went to the library and yours and one other blog were the first ones I always sought out.

    It's so wonderful to have met you through the net and I know our friendship will only grow.

    Hugs
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Do you know that I could've written this except for the working part? I feel as if I'm looking into my own soul. I laughed outright when you said that you were a perfectionist, but not very good at it. I call myself a "lazy perfectionist." The things we say about ourselves, eh? Well, I'll be good to me if you'll be good to you. I get the distinct sense that you'd do it all if only you could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is...I'm not doing the "if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything" thing very well either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have wonderful, inspired things to say, Kathy. I understand the thought process of a frustrated perfectionist because I am one too! I haven't known you very long - certainly less than a year. But from the photos you post of your home and family and from the lovely things you so eloquently write, it is truly obvious that you give your all in everything you do.

    Have a blessed week, Friend.
    xo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw your blog from Aunt/Tita Cindy blog, thank you that you will write letter to Nathan it helps him a lot not to feel lonely being far from his family. A simple letter can make him smile. I appreciate it so much that you will write letter to him. Thank you and God Bless you and your family!Take care always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!