
Wednesday afternoon, I flew down to Virginia to spend a few days with my daughters. It was a much needed vacation. I had the opportunity to spend Thursday with my younger daughter. We spent the day in Washington DC. She showed me her "neighborhood" where she works as a house manager at Ford's Theater. The theater was closed to tourists but she got permission to show me around.

After lunch at a local landmark--bacon cheeseburgers at Ollie's Trolley--we went to the Smithsonian Museum of American Art to see the National Portrait Gallery. It was so much more than that. Each new painting renewed my creative spirit. I drank it all in and took a few photos too. Then we took a walk to the Sculpture Garden followed by tea at Teaism, a local tea shop.

It was just wonderful to connect with her and spend the day together. We talk on the phone regularly and e-mail too but every mother knows how important it is to see our children in person and to have a "heart to heart".
Friday? Different daughter. Different Adventure. Equally wonderful!
Wonderful days for you, Kathy. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to be with your girls.
ReplyDeletexo...Kathy
That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad that you got away and that you had the visit that I'm sure you both enjoyed.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you got to spend some special time with your daughter, making wonderful memories. it sounds like so much fun.
ReplyDeleteTita/Aunt Kathy, thank you for greeting me on my birthday..Good that you have a wonderful time with your daughter.
ReplyDeleteOh, it's always wonderful to get away, but especially when it's to connect to our daughters.
ReplyDeleteKaren