Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Window Seat

I may have said this before but when Mike built our new home, he asked me what I wanted in the house. I told him three things; a pantry, an open staircase, and a window seat. The window seat is in the "dressing room" in our bedroom. Mike fit it between the built in dressers under the window. I store linens and extra pillows below.


For our 25th wedding anniversary, my husband's cousin created this beautiful piece of stained glass for us as a gift. Kelly knows how much I love birds. The window seat is often the depository for clean and folded laundry but once in a great while, I sit there and gaze out the window. It's a great place to retreat when I am on the telephone with my daughters.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you could name three things that you absolutely wanted and Mike was able to incorporate them. I've always wanted a window seat, but it would have to be long enough for me to lie down and have a nap. That's because I have so many fond memories of the naps I've taken. Wait a minute! That would make a great post! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that is one incredible seat. I love it and to know that Mike built it. Love the stained glass as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always dreamed of having a window seat, but I don't think it will happen in this house.

    Maybe the next one.

    You lucky woman.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!