There are only so many hours in the day so lately I haven't been blogging much. I did make time to create a special collaged journal to gift my sister on her 40th birthday.

I've never made anything like it before. I was inspired by the Nature Journal tutorial I purchases ages ago from Dawn at
The Feathered Nest.

It's not perfect but I am pleased with the results. I tried some things I've never done before. After the recent retreat, I feel more confident experimenting.

These are just a few pages. My sister loved the book when she received it yesterday at the lovely birthday party her husband threw for her.

The quiet hours in my sewing room quickly pass when I make time to cut and paste and sew.

The bird tag is from my friend Tracie at
Red Door Studio. Her instruction helped me understand collage a little better. I can't wait to make another book.
Oooooh Kathy, I love it. I love the pages you've shown. They are awesome. What a wonderful gift to give to your sister. Can't wait to see your next journal. Hugs
ReplyDeleteIt sits by my bed and my special chair. I have sifted through it several more times. Each time is a new blessing.
ReplyDeleteAre you sure it isn't perfect? I am pretty sure it is...
Lots oF love,
Cindy B P :)
I think it's perfect too!!!! Gorgeous creation sweet Kathy...funny how we don't know how capable we are until we try something new!!! Just beautiful ~ have a wonderful week, xxoo, Dawn
ReplyDeleteI see your inspiration has continued. Don't worry about blogging. Let that be inspired too! I can see that your retreat really was a blessing to you. I am sooo glad!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a treasure you've created for your sister. Dare I ask how many hours it took? Perhaps you don't even know...things like this often come together without one's being aware of the passing of time. And she says that it is perfect. If she thinks so, it is!
ReplyDeleteWOW - what a FUN book.
ReplyDeleteYour daughters are truly lovely.
ReplyDeleteI justfound your blog, your cat looks a happy cat .
I live in England , like you I,m a magazine addict. I have piles of country living, homes and gardens etc,.my hobby is p/quilting but I like to try other crafts too .
Drop by my blog if you have time----cottonreel
Forgot to say,lovely gift you made--cottoneel
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful journal that you created for your sister. I just stopped by to say hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend. I am thinking of building an ark, since we have had so much rain. I hope the fireworks are not washed out.
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th.
Karen
You did a wonderful job on the book!! Laurie
ReplyDelete