Friday, October 23, 2009

Exchange of Gifts

I went to dinner with my friend Jane last night. Her birthday is in October so I put together a little gift for her. She is an amazing gardener so I thought a few bulbs to plant and pray over were in order, along with a little garden journal I made. Jane loved it. I had fun creating the present.

Jane and I have been friends for more than 25 years. EEEK! Hard to believe. I don't see her too often so when I do, we chatter endlessly about our families, our husbands, our jobs, our HAIR. Last night we exchanged gifts, not like the one I showed above, but the gift of ideas and deep thoughts. We sat in the quiet of my car at the end of our date and talked, heart-to-heart. She brought new perspective to some challenges I have been facing. I needed that. It is a gift I will cherish.

4 comments:

  1. The gift you made is just lovely. But friendship is the best gift. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends are the greatest gifts. :-)

    The gift you make for your friend was so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Karen, Friends are God's gift to us. What a wonderful gift you gave your friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful, thoughtful gift to give your friend, Kathy. What a cherisihed evening to spend with a special friend, sharing important thoughts and gifts of encouragement.
    xoxo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!