Life has been full. Full of good things. And a few troubling ones. That's life. I'm happy Christmas is nearing. Happy my daughters (and son-in-law) will be home soon. Happy to decorate simply and take joy in the simplicity. Happy to spend time laughing with friends. Happy to hear nostalgic stories of Christmases past.
Lately I have felt a peace within that hasn't come easily to me. I'm at ease taking things one at a time rather than rushing through, trying desperately to please everyone--and pleasing no one. I've taken a quieter, more realistic approach to what I can finish in an hour--or a day. Ironically, things seem to be getting done.
The best way to get home on a back road? Take it slow. Be alert for unexpected obstacles. Watch for familar landmarks. And breathe easy. Home isn't far away.
Hey, I found my journal from last year with only one entry-- How I envision a "perfect' Christmas.
ReplyDeleteMine was joy, and it that became my theme for the year. I believe that yours was peace, and look how far we have both come. Take it slow, dear sister, and know that it is okay to take one step at a time. I shall move it along, with a smile on my face, and one in my heart. :)
Much love, today, and always!
What a beautiful post! I wish you a wonderful Christmas with your family.
ReplyDeleteOh it's so good to read this post and to know that things are okay. How I've missed your wonderful words and you. I agree 100% with all you've said. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas. Hugs
ReplyDeleteA lovely post, my friend. I also struggle with accepting change. Some people "feel" more deeply than others. I think you and I are both like that. We may grieve more deeply even the small things in life, but we also love deeply. I am wishin you a blessed Christmas with those you love and a new year filled with joy.
ReplyDeletexo...Kathy
Oh I love this...thanks. It breathed a bit of peace right into my own spirit. There'll never be the perfect holiday and it will arrive ready or not. I'm so glad that you've found it possible to enjoy the moments. Your simply beautiful header with the folded linens is wonderful.
ReplyDelete