Monday, January 18, 2010

A Day at Home

I received my first card from Christie for our Journal Card exchange. She put a lovely winter quote on the back so I feel free to share it. She featured the cards I sent to her on her blog a few days ago. The process is completely new to both of us and we are learning something each time we create a card.

I've been thinking about how to store the cards. For now, I'm keeping them in this dish. I have a photo album I hope to alter later to hold both Christie's cards, and her sisters. This morning I woke up to a blanket of snow and the knowledge that I had the whole day at home today. I could have easily spent the day cleaning and doing laundry. The chores never end.



Instead, I began working on an art journal. I made a book from watercolor paper and then painted the pages with acrylic. Basic journal stuff. I've been collaging and trying my hand at doodling. I hope to create a devotional--a book full of beautiful images and text. I have a long way to go. Friday night I bought the book "Creative Time and Space" by Rice Freeman-Zachery. In the book, the author talks about having energy to create. I usually make time to have fun and play after my work is done. But you know, by then, I'm usually tired and not very inspired. So today I gave myself permission to work on my art journal first. The laundry will wait.


2 comments:

  1. This journal exchange thing is so intriguing to me. I'm very glad that you used your time for creating. It's good for the soul. Are you enjoying another snow day today? We are. Two in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you took a day just to do!! Spending time creating is so relaxing and enjoyable. Please take more days just to do!! The laundry is always there and won't go anywhere. I love this journal exchange idea. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!