Monday, February 8, 2010

Craft Hope

Before the end of this week, I'll be finishing up a red scarf to send to Craft Hope. One of my goals this year is to create more to give away. Craft Hope is a website devoted to creating handcrafted items to support charitable organizations. Their winter project is The Red Scarf Project for the Orphan Foundation of America. I've been knitting and praying for a college bound youth leaving foster care and preparing for the "real" world.


In addition to the scarf project, Craft Hope raised over thirty thousand dollars for Doctors Without Borders to use in Haiti. It's amazing what happens when we all join together and use our gifts for good.

3 comments:

  1. What a good idea. So many foster kids out "on their own" and they make me hope and pray that those foster families hold onto them forever. Most foster parents I know consider themselves plain old parents and it comes with a lifetime commitment. Love that color red and the scarf and, knowing you, I think it'll arrive with lots of good wishes and a lot of prayer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great investment of time, Kathy. A worthy project to be certain. The scarf looks beautiful!
    xoxo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea. I'm sure they are going to love that scarf. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!