Friday, July 2, 2010

Before and After or I Finally Finished a Project!

Last fall my friend Shari and I went to an estate sale and I found this little dressing table and chair. It has been sitting in the bedroom for months, waiting for a makeover. Back in March, I bought some fabric (shown on the table) and thought it would be perfect for the project. In the end, I went in another direction.
I really don't enjoy painting but yesterday I took the time to do the job. It's not a great photo. The color I used is Heavy Cream by Martha Stewart. I wish I liked to paint because Heavy Cream would be all over the house. Alas, I am not that ambitious.
Instead of the fabric I bought this spring, I was inspired to use another fabric I already owned. The shower curtain in the master bath was getting tatty on the bottom and needed to be replaced. I loved the sweet green toile and hated to discard the curtain. I repurposed it instead, creating the skirt for the dressing table.
The whole project makes me smile.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I am amazed. What a lovely setting. Very peaceful and serene.
    Love it!
    Glad you are blogging again.
    happy trails dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat-
    I LOVE it!! Awesome job!
    Makes me think of some stuff I should be creating!

    I am SOOOOO glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so pretty and serene. Funny how projects take on minds of their own. Excellent repurposing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, Kathy! That color IS all over MY house!!! You did a fabulous job.
    xoxo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out wonderful. Awesome job!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!