Thursday, July 29, 2010

World's Worst Gardener

I'm not much of a gardener. Oh sure, I want to be. I'd love to have the British knack for gardening running through my veins. Instead I plant stuff and pray. Sometimes I am rewarded. A couple of readers suggested I post about my raised bed gardens. I would love to. But they just aren't that pretty. We do have tomato "trees". I'm hopeful anything that grows as big as these plants have produce some decent fruit.

No wonder gardening is often associated with God's grace. Because even though I am so lousy at taking care of my patch of earth, it still yields a harvest. Tonight Mike brought in green beans, pickling cucumbers, zucchini and some summer squash too big to eat. The summer squash is destined to be a target when Karen gets home. (don't ask). The rest is going to be coaxed into pickles and relish and shared with anyone who doesn't have vegetables coming out their ears.

I'm thankful for the harvest. I'm grateful for a Creator who sends good things my way even though I have done little to deserve them. Now to find Meme's recipe for sour pickles.

3 comments:

  1. Those beans are BeaUtifUl! And I love the tea towel..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel similarly...anything that grows around here is just plan tenacious.

    What's changed? Something! Three columns? Don't mind me, I'm one of the slightly observant ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green beans look beautiful! I think you're better than you think!!!
    xoxo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!