Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Book Number Five

august 2011 036
My mother had a birthday recently and since I am on bookmaking kick, it just made sense to make one for her.  I saw this paper and immediately thought of my mother’s obsession with quilting.  I wanted to use an old book for the covers but couldn’t find one the right size.  So I made the covers.
august 2011 034
I love the look of this exposed binding, especially if it features beautiful paper.  I’m getting the hang of sewing.  This time I used baker’s twine.  I still need lots of help in taking photos of the finished journals.
august 2011 037
Mom really liked her book.  I hope she will use it to plan all of those quilt projects she has been talking about completing once she retires!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool book and that your mother loved it is no surprise to me. Is it empty so that she can fill it or did you fill it with things she'd enjoy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday gift. I love it. Your mom...a lady after my own heart. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!