Saturday, April 28, 2012

I’d Lose My Head…..

IMG_0734

One thing I’m known for in these parts is my propensity for apologizing.  For everything.  I’ve really worked on saying “I’m sorry” less but it’s a hard habit to break.

The other thing I struggle with is the promises I make to myself.  Yup, I break those pretty frequently too.

It would be great to have more time to sit and write, take photos and do projects.  I would love to finally finish my bathroom (which Karen painted in September, 2010!)  I owe Scott a hand-made journal for his birthday and I know my mother is patiently waiting for me to finally put the binding on my nephew’s quilt.  Then there are the napkins I promised my friend Jane for HER birthday, which was in October.

I’d like to art journal more.  Paint and do lettering and illuminate.  I’d LOVE to clean my house down to the bones.  And do some Bible study. 

I have a book that Karen gave me to read at Christmastime.  I’ve read maybe a third.  Now she’s given me the next two.  I might be 90 before I get through them all!

On the other hand……….Since I posted last, I had a milestone birthday and my daughters threw me an amazing party with all the women in my life.  It was a blast. 

march 2012 150

Mike and I went to Virginia for Easter.  This is why:

IMG_0625

Then I had a chance to “spring fling” with Jane.  We went to the Vermont Country Store.

IMG_0716

Last weekend, I went with Mike last minute to see his brother and sister-in-law.  I had a nice afternoon with Erica.  We went to one of the remaining independent fabric/craft stores left in New England.  That was a treat.  It also provided me with some creepy photos (see first photo).

In the middle of all that, my job changed unexpectedly.  It was not an easy process but the end result is going to be very rewarding.  The learning process and the stress of my work place has left me exhausted.

I’d lose my head if it weren’t attached.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Kathy!

    You've been so busy with work and visiting your grandson, who is very adorable by the way. Love the way he's inclining his head showing how intrigued he is with the toy and you.

    Sounds as if you've had some fun, too. Good for you. Would you believe that I was just looking up the actual address for the Vermont Country Store? I would love to visit one in person, though the catalog is pretty good.

    I have so many of the same issues that I am sitting over here nodding my head. Some of them...the books that will not get read...the projects that I am no longer interested in...have gotten the boot in the past week. I'm feeling lighter, which is purely imaginary I might add.

    As always, it is lovely to find you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, a post! Keep 'em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I hope your day was extra special! You are a BUSY lady! Thanks for letting me know about your art journal. I'm still on the lookout for a handmade one but I finally started writing in a store bought one! lol Happy May!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!