“Home is behind, the world ahead,
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadows to the edge of night,
Until the stars are all alight.
Then world behind and home ahead,
We'll wander back and home to bed.
Mist and twilight, cloud and shade,
Away shall fade! Away shall fade!”
JRR Tolkien
Work has been overwhelming the last few months; bone tiring. I’m almost ashamed to say so. I’ve tried to figure out whether it is ME, whether there is something I could do differently so as to feel better at the end of each day or whether it is the JOB; is it too much for me? (no.)
I spent a lot of time this summer paring down at home. Mike says I still bring too much stuff into the house. I’m trying to be more aware of each thing that comes in—and what I can send away from here to keep things simple.
I miss my daughters. I am especially pained by the distance of of my wild pony. One thing I wish for them is maybe my own deepest desire. A place called home. A place to run to when things get too tiring or overwhelming. A place of peace. A place where love resides.
Home is best. Until we meet our Creator and live in the place He has prepared for us, I feel very strongly that we need a place to rest until then. My heart goes out to those who lost their homes in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. I hope they can find a place of safety tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!