
I love feeding the birds. This morning we had blue jays and chickadees, and a flock of mourning doves. The photos I tried to take in a hurry didn't come out very well so here's a photo of some Easter Turkeys. I didn't take this photo today. I took it last spring when there was still two feet of snow on the ground and the turkeys were having a free for all in my yard.
I hope the Easter visitors weren't destined to be Thanksgiving Turkeys! I wish I could have snapped a good photo of the lone Cardinal waiting in the trees this morning. He couldn't compete with those pesky Jays and didn't try.
Simple Pleasure #2
Watching the Birds in My Yard
Blue jays are such pretty things even if they are rowdy and noisy. I tossed out some old cranberries a few days ago and a lone jay came by to eat them all. Love your turkey picture. They do look kinda plump...they must be really plump by now. They say that the wild turkeys don't taste as good as a Butterball. ;>
ReplyDeleteNeat picture, Kathy. Once when we were newly married my husband proudly brought me a wild turkey to cook. I was totally turned off by the poor beautiful thing ending up on a dinner plate, but I did what I thought was my wifely duty and cooked it. It was awful. I cried and carried on that I had "taken part in an atrocity" (I was 17!), if I remember my words correctly! He never did that again!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!
Kathy
Great photo! I quite enjoy feeding the birds in my backyard as well...but haven't seen any bluejays.
ReplyDeleteThanks for you sweet comments today! I appreciate it! And what a great photo :-) Hope you aren't having your neighbors for dinner!
ReplyDeleteHappy night,
Melissa