Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Gift and a Season

A couple of days before Thanksgiving I received a beautiful red envelope filled with paper goodness from Karen at A Scrapbook of Inspiration. When she announced her Christmas Fair, she had a giveaway and I won!

I had the perfect frame in mind when I chose a Santa image from her Etsy store. I haven't really started to decorate for Christmas. The picture inspired me to get a couple of things out. I'm looking forward to finding just the right spot for Santa. Thanks again Karen!
My sister Cindy recently posted on her blog about her creche. The nativity scene has always played an important role in our family--a sure reminder of what the Christmas season is all about. As she commented on her blog, the nativity is the first thing out and the last to be put away. The figures I used while my children were growing up are tucked away for a future time. Last year I bought a vintage nativity set that reminds me of my grandmother's. It is customary for our family to put the baby Jesus in the manger on Christmas Eve. This year I am putting him out right away as a reminder He is with me, even as I wait for His coming.

3 comments:

  1. I like your Santa picture. I am glad you were able to start putting out some things. I just wonder where that "artsie" tree will go. :)
    I like the idea of baby Jesus coming out now. But, I think I will wait until the last of my children stop anticipating "who will get to put him in this year?" and I will be better able to reflect. We are still in the chaos, and it helps as a reminder all the way to the last day who the wonder is really about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great prize from Karen! You'll show us the perfect spot when you find it, right?

    I love your vintage Nativity. Mine is a little too lily-livered for my tastes, but it is the first thing out and the last thing to be put away, too. I love how you're putting the baby out now knowing that He is with you always...only He isn't a baby any more.

    Oh yes, let's do name your sewing machine. What kind is it? How old? That helps define the parameters. LOL!

    Snow up your way? Lots of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your win, Kathy. It looks like a great gift and your framed Santa is so pretty. Your post was really lovely. I enjoyed reading about your nativity and the placement of the baby Jesus now rather than on Christmas Eve. It's so great to know He is ALWAYS with us! Enjoy your Christmas preparations, Kathy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!