Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year, A New Look

Happy New Year! I spent quite a bit of time this afternoon in my sewing room. We've lived in our house almost four years and I'm still not settled there. I can't seem to figure out the balance between pretty and practical. So, while I didn't make any real resolutions for 2009, I am committed to creating personal space--a santuary, if you will--where chaos has reigned. As I progress, I will share some new photos. The photos here were taken last winter.

My dear daughter has used a site that creates some very nice blog backgrounds for the past several months. I thought I would give it a try. I see the same site used on some of my other favorite blogs too. My only concern is it takes too long to load. I'll see if I like it. Otherwise, more changes to come!

I love my books but I am sorting through them and paring down. The other thing I've decided is to get rid of a bunch of old magazines. I always thought I would use them for reference and inspiration. I don't. I do enjoy cutting and pasting so I've spent part of the evening looking at a stack of magazines several years old. The bookshelves are looking tidier in my sewing room. It's a good start!


2 comments:

  1. Oh it looks great! I love the new header and I think the background is lovely, too. I've been looking and looking at these, but when those codes float by my face, I get nervous. Have even tried a couple of times...good thing that I kept the original information because it didn't fly. So hat's off to you for getting it done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!