
I'm not feeling well today. I get migraines every now and then. Yesterday was one of those days. I made it through a full day at work with that horrible knife in my eye pain. By evening, I felt really lousy.

When I was a kid, you had better be sick if you were going to stay home from school. If you were home, you were in bed or on the couch, tucked in with ginger ale and saltine crackers and chicken noodle soup for lunch. Forget going outside to play toward evening. If you had been sick, you stayed in the house.

I don't think we give ourselves permission to go to bed and stay there for a full day. I tried to get motivated for work but my body said "no way". I've taken a good long nap and played a little with my camera. I'd love to be one of those bloggers who take amazing photos of their house. I just don't know much about my camera and lighting. I'm learning as I go along.
I'm thankful today for my comfy sheets and the puffy duvet. I needed a day of true rest. Tomorrow is another day!
You're so right, tomorrow is another day. I'm just learning about my camera too. I see some absolutely amazing photography on some blogs and I'm totally amazed. We'll both get to know our cameras one of these days.
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling better soon.
You are so right. We need rest, but we deny ourselves because we label it as lazy. I think it's a body just crying out for a break. I'm glad that you gave yourself permission today and I hope that you feel better as a direct result.
ReplyDeleteIt was just as you describe when I was a child...if you were home sick, you'd best be abed with no hopes for a cookie either. That's why I allowed my children two "mental health" days a year. Would you believe that just knowing that, they both achieved perfect attendance a number of years. It just helps to know that you can take a break if you need one.
Maybe two days off are better than one...;>
I will pray for your fast recovery as GOD is a great healer. And photography is nice but to begin with you have to know the settings and how to use your own camera to help you get a good photos. Take care of yourself always as health is wealth and GOD Bless You and your family!
ReplyDeleteAh, nuts, Kathy! I hope your so much better now.
ReplyDeletexo...Kathy