
At work this last week we discussed how it's the little things that "get" you. It is certainly the case when it comes to my procrastination project for
The Inspired Room. I had an idea in my mind to make fabric bags for my potatoes and onions. Let's just say the end result was nothing like I envisioned.

When I discovered this little cart at a yard sale over the weekend, I found an answer to my potatoes and onions in a bag dilemma. We'll see how they make out on the open shelves. I also bought some jars from Walmart to hold the dry beans/lentils/bulgar. Yes, I'm sure the jars would be much improved with shiny black lids. Or red.

Here is the before photo of my kitchen island. I'm a bookaholic. Actually, I think I read too much and DO too little. This procrastination project helped me see how enjoyable it is to actually complete something!

Here is the AFTER photo. When my husband spotted the curtain, he said I ruined the best piece of furniture he ever made (he designed and built the entire kitchen). I laughed. I told him I would take down the curtain if it meant that much to him but he just grumbled. I guess the curtain is safe for now. Vee sent me the cutest idea for a curtain but I think I'm going to save it for another place in the house. I'm afraid Mike might have a coronary if ruffles showed up in the kitchen!

While this may seem like a small project (no orange bathroom transformation here) I like the results and I'm inspired to tackle the next project--a bigger one--my front porch. Thank you, Melissa, for hosting. It was fun!
Nice job! I love using jars in my pantry...mostly canning jars. You can always imagine the silvery lids as zinc and use it as a Swedish inspiration!
ReplyDeleteHi, this is another Teresa =)
ReplyDeleteLove the little curtain to cover your books- sweet.
and your pantry looks great!
That cart is perfect! And now you can give me the little basket that was sitting there in the before picture, haha! :)
ReplyDeleteHusbands! LOL! I love the curtain, but I can see why a guy might not like it too much. They tend to like clean lines.
ReplyDeleteI love your new pantry too (I almost wrote panty. That could have been misconstrued).
A lovely make-over... so nice and simple.
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
I think it looks nice. I just love the jars you used. Very nice country!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Debbie
Great idea on the potatoes and the curtain is just precious!
ReplyDeleteThe cart is perfect and I love those jars, I am obsessed with jars, lol...Just about anything in them looks so neat! Love the curtain too, it looks wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHi Kathy!!! I LOVE these changes! The cart is just perfect for your vegetables and the sweet curtain adds a touch of softness and nostalgia! Beautiful job sweetie ~ xxoo, Dawn
ReplyDeleteThat curtain looks marvelous! (Sorry that Mike thinks it's hiding his best work.)
ReplyDeleteLove the answer for your closet...the open cart shelving. I use one similar in my linen closet...very handy things. I like the jars, too, and just as they are. It all looks great!
Good job on your pantry! You know you can just take those lids out and spray paint them all at once. The curtain is sweet!
ReplyDeleteManuela
I love the after pictures. Great job in getting these projects done. I love that curtain...what a neat idea. I too love using jars in my pantry.
ReplyDeleteHas to books...well we won't even go there.
I love the little cart you found for the potatoes & onions. And the jars from Walmart. I was thinking about getting some as well. I think you have now convinced me. And I love the little curtain in the kitchen. What do men know. Thanks for visiting my post & leaving me a comment.
ReplyDeleteLove the cart idea for potatoes/onions. And the jars are almost too cute to be stuck in the pantry.
ReplyDeleteLove the cart, and I think that curtain is really cute! Reminds me of an apron!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining in!
you must feel so good about your organized pantry. dont you just love it when you find something that works perfectly for what you have been needing? great job. I also like the cute curtain...sweet and simple.
ReplyDeletethanks for the sweet comment on my own "procrastinator" tiling project post.
Great job! I think that cart will be handy and that curtain is adorable! I feel like just completing a project (no matter the size) motivates us to do the next! That's good because I think I have many many more waiting! :)
ReplyDeleteKathy,
ReplyDeleteI missed this post. I love this after photo. You are so clever, and I love how you covered your books.
Karen