Sunday, October 28, 2007

Before the Snow Flies


This afternoon I took care of my late autumn chore list. All the gardening containers have been emptied and stored away, along with my gardening tools, watering cans, and the make shift birdbath (which was blown over last night with a strong gust of wind). We have had a mild fall but today is a reminder that winter will come.

I can see a wood fire burning on the hill across the valley from my house. A sure sign that it's a chilly day.

An elderly friend of mine, Winnie Royce, observed once that trees sillouetted across the sky look like black lace. The sky today looks like it could hold a flurry or two. Mike is in Arizona enjoying summerlike weather. It's cold on his side of the bed. I can't wait for Tuesday when he comes home.

1 comment:

  1. Brrrr here too! My car was all frosty this morning when I went to work! And beautiful post- I like the part about the trees being like black lace, I love the way trees look against a sky at sunrise or sunset.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!