Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Season of Thanks

Thanksgiving is just a few days away and I am so excited! My daughters will be home from Virginia. Christie and Casey will bring Karen. Wednesday night will be a long one, waiting for the back door to open and for my dear children to arrive. Mike will complain about my tossing and turning. He is so much more patient than I am!

I'm thankful for my family. Mike is a wonderful husband. Long suffering! He works really hard and he built our house. When he was designing the house, he listened to my dreams and he gave me all of them. We are happy together, the two of us. Completely different but as they say, opposites attract. I'm thankful for our love that has stood the test of time.

I have the most amazing children. Christie is in the midst of one of the most important times of her life. She is recently engaged to Casey and they are preparing to purchase their first home together--a condo in Virginia. Casey was just accepted to graduate school and works for an accounting firm down there. Christie recently started a new job working for a police department in their criminal investigation department; she is so happy working in her desired field. We have spent years looks at bridal magazines and now the time has arrived to put our knowledge to good use. I'm thankful for their happiness.

Karen. Oh, Karen. Her senior year of college is going pretty smoothly. For that, I think we are both thankful. She was just accepted into Alpha Psi Omega, the national theater honor society. She works hard at her craft and dreams of a day that she will be on stage or film. Karen is my wild pony. She is adventurous! I know too, that she cares about being here, at home. I'm thankful for her creative spirit and her independence.

Safe travel, my little family. I'm thankful for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!