Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What I Love about my Holiday Home


Happy Memories
Mammie's kissing ball
Red and White
Lots and Lots of Snowmen
vintage ornaments and bead garland
glitter houses
Candles glowing


Snowy days
sledding after church on Christmas Eve
Hot cocoa with Peppermint Schnapps
Stockings filled



Aunt Betty's cream cheese sugar cookies
Meme's chex mix
Mom's Fruitcake from Grannie's recipe
Manicotti



Handmade gifts
Heartfelt cards
Laughter
Sad thoughts of those we miss
More laughter
Red birds

Family Christmas
Lots of cousins
7:00 a.m. wake-up call
LaSallette



Joy to the World
Bing
Burl Ives
Silent Night
Baby Jesus
The thing I love most about my holiday home is that it is a sanctuary for what I hold most dear. My holiday home is where my beloved is.
Where my children come.
Where we are warm and safe and happy.
Merry Christmas!

11 comments:

  1. What great things you have during the holidays! I love the decor! thank you for sharing! Have a wonderful Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty...I love all of the vintage touches you have, especially the houses and bottlebrush trees! You have lovely decorations!

    xo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The decorations are wonderful. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful decorations! Especially the bottle brush trees!
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decor is delightful! Thank you for sharing!
    Please visit our holiday home too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to come to your house for a cup of hot chocolate and to browse through your Christmas treasures. This is such a gorgeous post of your beautiful home and I loved your comments too. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so pretty! I love decorating for christmas!I posted mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your message was from the heart about your home. Love your vintage houses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, how pretty your decorations are.Thanks for sharing your thoughts and memories with us.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you journaled your favorite memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Kathy, was a lovely post. Merry Christmas and Blessings - Rachael:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!