Sunday, February 10, 2008

This is the Day

Have you ever been inspired to do something and you think, huh? This morning I was looking out at the big white wall (aka my snow covered yard) and thought, gee, maybe I should go OUTSIDE!


For the folks who know me, they know I don't venture too far into the outdoors. Silly too, because I love being out in the fresh air and getting the exercise. Yet I'm one of those people who prefer to sit in a comfy chair and drink hot cocoa and say how beautiful it is "out there".

So, I put on my long johns. I've had them for probably 20 years! When you go out in the snow once or twice a year, you hardly wear them out. Anyway. I found the next best thing to boots. I have my nice boots but nothing to simply venture out in. A pair of my hubby's hunting socks and I was off!
This time of year can be really difficult for those of us who live in the northern part of the United States. Yesterday morning I saw the sun SHINE for the first time in so long I hadn't remembered the last time. It's snowing again today. This morning I was inspired to think about the beauty that surrounds me and took my journey outside.

One of those picturesque Vermont villages. We see it across the river from our house.

"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us REJOICE and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24

5 comments:

  1. You have a lovely blog!
    We are getting a new blanket of snow today. I would love to get out there and shoot some photos, but it is too snowy yet.
    Maybe later.
    Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I admire your once or twice a year enthusiasm. LOL! My, you really are buried in snow, aren't you? I thought that I was until I saw your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have tons of snow! I really wish we would get more than the occasional flurry! It is so beautiful! I spent my first 7 years of life in Minnesota and I have fond memories of icicles hanging off the roof and making igloos and snow angels!

    Blessings!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how glorious. I love your snow angel, and look at all that snow. We are having more tonight...how about you? My mom is in So. Burlington Vt. and she said that it looks so gorgeous. These are gorgeous pictures. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I can't imagine awaking up to that amount of snow. I've lived in Texas all my life we get snow so rarely. I'd love to see a little white stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!