
The other day, Karen at A Scrapbook of Inspiration tagged me for “10 things I love about blogging”. Her own post on the subject is perfect. I’ve been thinking about my response all week. I discovered blogging at a time in my life when I needed to connect with other women. I don’t know if I have ten good reasons why I love blogging but here are a few:
I love to write. Journaling is a huge part of my life. I’ve been writing down my thoughts on paper for years. Blogging gives me a voice. There is something very powerful in words. I live in a small rural community. There aren’t too many avenues for self-expression where I am. Yet I can sit down in front of a computer and I can tell my story.
I adore home decorating. I’m a magazine-aholic. The home decorating/lifestyle blogs are amazing! I wonder how people create a home that is magazine worthy. Yet there are women out there who create beautiful homes and share their ideas. I’ve learned more from the personal experiences of others than I ever have simply reading a glossy publication.
I’m an artsy-craftsy girl. I love the blogs by artists and crafters. I spent 15 years in the craft world as a doll maker. I long to be that creative again. These blogs give me hope and inspire me!
Blogging has connected me in a new way to my family. My dear daughter created a blog that has changed how we are able to communicate as a family. We have shared all manner of news on our family blog. It connects us from Vermont to Connecticut to Virginia to Japan…..we have photos of my sailor nephew, my younger daughter’s first “real” boyfriend, news of a first grandchild, troubling news when the going gets tough. Each contributor has made a difference in the life of the rest and we are a closer family for it. I love that.
I adore home decorating. I’m a magazine-aholic. The home decorating/lifestyle blogs are amazing! I wonder how people create a home that is magazine worthy. Yet there are women out there who create beautiful homes and share their ideas. I’ve learned more from the personal experiences of others than I ever have simply reading a glossy publication.
I’m an artsy-craftsy girl. I love the blogs by artists and crafters. I spent 15 years in the craft world as a doll maker. I long to be that creative again. These blogs give me hope and inspire me!
Blogging has connected me in a new way to my family. My dear daughter created a blog that has changed how we are able to communicate as a family. We have shared all manner of news on our family blog. It connects us from Vermont to Connecticut to Virginia to Japan…..we have photos of my sailor nephew, my younger daughter’s first “real” boyfriend, news of a first grandchild, troubling news when the going gets tough. Each contributor has made a difference in the life of the rest and we are a closer family for it. I love that.
(am I close to 10 yet?)
I love reading about what’s going on in other parts of the country. I love the photos people take. I love the recipes. I love the travel stories. I love the family stories.
But what I love most about blogging are the friends that I have made. Blogging has given me an opportunity to receive and hopefully to give encouragement to others. My life is truly enriched by knowing Karen and Vee. I’m delighted to have met Kathy and Miss Sandy. One of the most surprising aspects of blogging is the number of Christian women out there telling their story and caring about each other. This has blessed me enormously.
As a result of blogging, I am not nearly as lonely as before. I am more closely connected to my own family, my dearest friends, and to others who share the same passions that I do. I don’t know how long blogging will last but while it does, I’m in it. I know I would love to meet some of my friends face to face someday. In the meantime, I’ll stop by and visit them in blogland.
As a result of blogging, I am not nearly as lonely as before. I am more closely connected to my own family, my dearest friends, and to others who share the same passions that I do. I don’t know how long blogging will last but while it does, I’m in it. I know I would love to meet some of my friends face to face someday. In the meantime, I’ll stop by and visit them in blogland.
Kathy, you have really said this beautifully. And I didn't know that you were a doll maker. I always wanted to try, but never did. Mo'a Romig on my sidebar is a dollmaker and A Fanciful Twist is too. I think, like you, when you are so involved in work and family it's hard to have time to have meaningful connections to other women. I was surprised to learn how man Christian women were blogging, and with all these wonderful places to visit who needs magazines? No wonder you and I connected, we have so much in common. Your art at the top of your post is what we long for. Blogging gives us that and more. I am so glad that you started blogging, so that I could meet you and get to know you. Have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Karen
Hi! My name is Maria, I came over from your sister's blog! I admire crafty and decorative people so much! I'm more of a wannabe! :)
ReplyDeleteI went to sleep the other night, after writing a particularly theraputic post, and I was thinking about why blogging is such a blessing to me...this was such a perfect post to read, because it reminded me of those thoguhts (which I by now had forgotten!)
So glad that you have found a great way to write and stay connected to your family! Both are such gifts!
It's great to meet you!
Maria
Learn something new about a friend nearly every day...a dollmaker, eh? How fascinating! And you use your blog to stay in touch with family. What a concept! (As you know, I'm trying to hide from mine. LOL!)
ReplyDeleteYour blog reflects your life's experiences. One can tell you love your life and blogging!
ReplyDeleteKathy, I stopped back to invite you to a spectacular event that Donna has hosted today. Stop by my place sometime this weekend if you get a chance, and find lots of pirate's treasure in a host of fabulous artist blogs. Karen
ReplyDelete