Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Sweet and Savory of Yummy


After a short absence from participation, I am joining back into Gracious Hospitality's Tea Blog a Thon. I missed the tea themed handcrafts and the "what to wear" weeks. I've been visiting to see what treats people are sharing and I don't know if I have anything that could compare. On the rare occasion I entertain for tea, it is most likely a brunch instead of afternoon tea. I like to make something called "French Toast Bake" because it can be prepared the night before and everyone enjoys it.

French Toast Bake

8-10 slices cubed white bread (no crust)

2 eight ounce packages cream cheese cubed

Beat together:

12 eggs

1/2 cup maple syrup

1/2 cup milk

Put bread and cream cheese in a 9x13 baking dish. Pour egg mixture over all.

Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and firm

serve with more maple syrup
photo borrowed from housetohome.co.uk
This recipe is delicious with fruit salad and of course, we still finish with scones and clotted cream and jam!


9 comments:

  1. Wonderful recipe! I love the 'make ahead' French toast and the maple syrup makes your recipe extra special. I've tried the 'make ahead' toast before, but my recipe doesn't have cream cheese in it. I think it would make it extra special, so I'm going to try YOUR recipe! Isn't it wonderful how tea is so versatile for any time of day? A brunch tea is perfect!

    LaTeaDah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good that I might try it tonight for tomorrow's breakfast. It should be able to be halved...right???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your recipe for French Toast Bake, Kathy. It sounds incredible! It would be great for a brunch. Thanks so much for your e-mail earlier today. It was lovely hearing about your daughter's wedding plans. I soooo understand!
    Kathy@ Mimi's Garden

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOM! What about cheese danish?!?! You could make that to have with tea! YUM YUM YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds sooo good. I will be trying that some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how sinfully delicious sounding, yummmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you shared this! I once had something similar at a B/B and have always wanted the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am making this recipe very soon. YUM.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!