Gracious Hospitality invites us this week to:
Tell about your favorite tea. How do you prepare it and serve it? Milk and sugar? Plain? What are some of your best memories of serving or sipping on this tea? Share a picture if you can. Tell the health benefits of the tea(s) you prefer. Where do you purchase your tea? Is there someplace you enjoying purchasing tea from? Who from and where?
When I was growing up, I would spend the weekend with my grandparents. I remember the yellow and red box of Lipton tea in their cupboard. Nana always drank two cups of tea a day—one at lunch and one with her evening meal. (She still does)
When I was old enough to choose what kind of tea I would drink, I chose the trusty stand-by, Lipton’s. The box hasn’t even changed too much since I was that small girl. When my daughters were younger, I had a friend that shared my enjoyment of Lipton tea. We drank gallons of it, I think, every morning after the kids went to school. We laughed until we cried and we cried until we laughed. When "D" first visited me, she gently told me that I needed to keep my tea tightly packaged so it wouldn't get stale. I still keep my Lipton tea in the sturdy container I purchased for the purpose following her advice.
I mostly drink black tea. When I have an opportunity to purchase it, I like Yorkshire Gold. My daughter just moved to a small town in Virginia where there is an English tea room. I'll be able to easily stock up on my favorite tea when I visit her.
I’ve been told it is uncivilized but I drink my tea unsweetened. I do add milk. I haven’t learned the art of loose tea. I used to drink just tea as a hot beverage, never coffee. Then I had to go to work full time and fell into purchasing coffee at the local store on my commute. Tea is meant to be savored and never sipped from a paper cup! Nana bought me a practical little teapot a few years ago. It's perfect for a single cup. When I'm in a hurry, I might simply "steep" the tea in the cup but there is nothing like the ritual of boiling the water and setting up a tray instead.
I enjoy a good cup of coffee. I'll admit it. Yet no cup of coffee can compare to a pot of hot tea especially when the nerves are frayed and a quiet moment is necessary.
Until I saw the web site this morning, I didn't know anything about Yorkshire Gold. Have you had the regular and can you tell me the difference between the two? Now I just won't be happy until I find some Yorkshire Gold and where did you find yours?
ReplyDeleteIs it Lipton's that has the little porcelain animals in it? My grandmother used to have those little figurines lining every window ledge in her kitchen. I loved those things!
Yep I'm totally in agreement with your last paragraph! Enjoy your tea (bags) :)
ReplyDeleteSo many bloggers are talking about Yorkshire tea - I've got to try it! Thanks for your great post.
ReplyDeleteKathy
This is a lovely post. Whenever I have a cup of Lipton's I think about my Grandmother, we shared many cups together. She put so much milk in hers, it was white. I love a good cup of coffee, but there is something healing about a nice cup of tea. My sister bought me this wonderful tea that comes in silk tea bags. Yorkshire Gold sounds wonderful. Blessings, Karen
ReplyDeleteMMmmmmmmm, Yorkshire Gold ---- a wonderful favorite of mine! It's so deep and rich! I'm glad to meet someone else who loves it too! I usually purchase mine 'loose' and decant in a teapot, but a friend loves hers with the convenience of a teabag. . .and it tastes just as good when I visit her. Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed your contribution to our blog-a-thon.
ReplyDeleteLaTeaDah
I love the details you've added and the stories you've told!
ReplyDeleteLipton has always been my favorite tea. I like my tea in bags too. Nice post. I love your cup.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for coming by my blog and visiting with me. I too have never heard of Yorkshire tea. And good ole Lipton...always have a box on hand - just in case!
ReplyDeleteI love tea at Nana's. I have learned to buy Lipton and keep it on hand, for her and for you. :)
ReplyDeleteME? I drink Salada, black with no sugar. Cheap, and I remember learning how to read the sayings when I was little.
But, I still say there is no cup of tea like one served at your house.
Yorkshire Tea!... I will have to try it.
ReplyDeleteIt is so nice to share a cuppa with a friend, like you did.
Millie
I'm visiting from the tea blog-a-thon and I've enjoyed looking around your blog. I'll be back!
ReplyDeleteThe best tea (or coffee) is the one that YOU enjoy! Cheers!
ReplyDeletei think the true joy of tea is its relaxing qualities and the feeling of indulgence it leaves us with
ReplyDeleteHave you read The Elegant Gathering of the White Snow? Its a book about women who unite and its also the name of a tea. You'd like it.
ReplyDelete