This week Gracious Hospitality invites us to:Share a creative afternoon tea table setting. Linens, serving pieces, teapots and teacup, tea accoutrement's and accessories, centerpieces, tea trays or three-tiers, and more. Show one way you enjoy creating a memorable tea experience. This is your opportunity to show the world the fun you have when you create your own special tea experience. Then. . .invite over a friend or neighbor and share some tea together. That way all your work is not for ought.
Sure wish I had time to create an afternoon tea right now. I feel like I'm on my way to the starting line of a big race though, with many things going on. So, to keep in the spirit of this lovely blog-a-thon, I am sharing a special tea my daughter created for me last summer.
My dear daughter discovered the joy of tea when we went to Scotland her senior year of high school. She has witnessed my love of the ritual and decided to create a tea of her own in my honor. On a visit to her home last summer, I received this special gift.
She spent several weeks searching for dishes and textiles to use, gleaning pieces from the local thrift store and a pretty teapot from TJ Maxx.
Together we prepared our favorite tea food--cucumber sandwiches and scones. She cleverly came up with a tiered serving plate for her offerings. Before we sat down to eat, we pretended we were food stylists and took a whole bunch of photos. I had just started blogging at that time and this was a good theme for a post. The experience was just wonderful. Christie's efforts were heartfelt and the tea was delicious.
I'm looking forward to reading about afternoon tea at Gracious Hospitality. The Tea Blog-a-Thon has been quite a blessing. Thanks again and again LaTeaDah!
I love it! How creative! The sandwiches and scones are presented so charmingly...just perfection. Thanks for sharing your wonderful tea from last summer. Your daughter is a pearl!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely feast prepared by a creative daughter for her mother. How special she must have made you feel! Thanks for sharing your memories!
ReplyDeleteNancy
You are blessed! What a lovely little tea pary your daughter gave toyou. After the tea is sipped it's the beautiful memories that linger in our hearts.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet daughter and a lovely thing to do together. I like her choice if pretty blue dishes. Special memories. . .a special event. . .I hope you do it again soon. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLaTeaDah
What a fun tea! I love all your daughter's dishes and what a creative tiered plate stand. It looks like you had such a wonderful time and what a great memory.
ReplyDeletexymoaobWhat a beautiful spread, Kathy. And how lovely that you and your daughter are making beautiful memories together while sharing afternoon tea!...Kathy
ReplyDeleteNow that's just my style. I love it. Shopping for accessories at thrift stores and putting it all together! What a wonderful memory you both created for each other....
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet gift--a tea party! I love that she did it for you! What a special time it must have been. Thanks for sharing. The table is lovely!
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are great! And I love your blue dishware...very unique! Congrats to your daughter! I know you are very proud! :) ~Rhonda
ReplyDeleteWhat a unique and beautiful setting!!!
ReplyDeleteOh I love her ingenuity! Such great ideas. I might have to borrow some, especially the tiered plate idea.
ReplyDeleteFabulous....Isn't it fun when they give back what we weren't sure they got in the first place? :)
ReplyDeleteMarye
http://www.kettleandcup.com/hospital-i-tea-blogathontea-tables/
Aren't daughters wonderful gifts from God? That was such a sweet and thoughtful thing for her to do. You'll have many years of pleasant memories of this special moment.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed Mother's Day weekend!