Friday, August 15, 2008

Keeping House

I must be old or something because it's taking me all week to get my life back in order after the wedding. I'm still not there yet. Yesterday was my wedding anniversary. Last night my husband took me out to dinner to a lovely little restaurant. I took along my camera in case there were any "photo ops". When I went to take my first photo, I had a card error. I was so caught up in the moment I didn't realize it was an easy fix. So, the evening will simply be a memory in my mind.

The same holds true for many of the elements of the wedding. After months and months of planning down to the last detail, we got caught up in the moment and didn't take photos of the very things we took so much time to create. I hope as time goes on folks share their photos with us. Perhaps they recorded glimses of the details we missed.

One of the joys of the week was receiving a gift from Kathy at Mimi's Garden. She participated in a "Pay It Forward" giveaway. Now it is my turn and I am excited to play! Following are the "rules":

To the first 3 interested bloggers who respond that they would like to be a part of this, I will be sending something to each of them. You MUST leave me a comment on this post to let me know you are interested in joining. I responded to Kathy's post. Now I hope you will respond to my post!

The first three of you who leave a comment on this post at shockingpinkthread.blogspot.com will get something from me in the mail. Then those first three bloggers who responded to me, promise to pass it along or "Pay It Forward" to the first three who respond to their post...and on and on it goes.

Your something can be anything you've made, bought, found or were given. Keeping in mind that it might be something you would like to receive.If you want to join the fun...PLEASE leave a comment on this post and then copy/paste this information about the giveaway on your blog. Then send something to the first 3 bloggers who sign up on your post.

This weekend will be spent cleaning house. I'm actually looking forward to it!


3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, sounds like fun...wondering if I can delay this until September???

    You'll be receiving lots of photos of the wedding from your friends, I'm sure of it!

    As for the anniversary...well, some things are more pleasant without the camera about all the time. (My family has begun calling me "the camera nazi." Is that nice?)

    Wishing you and your husband a belated happy anniversary...hope that you have more surprises for one another over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I can be so lame. I forgot to tell you that both times this week when we talked. You and Mike are an inspiration to the rest of us. Lead on!

    As I mentioned to you before, I love that photo of the chair. It so signifies the casual way of living and loving that was going on that night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about the "pay it forward'.
    Maybe I should take the plunge...
    You know how I feel about gving stuff away. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!