Friday, August 22, 2008

Remembering Tasha Tudor

I've been doing alot of blog reading but not much blog writing. I feel a bit burnt out after the huge festivities at my house. I am finally beginning to feel settled again and my heart turns toward home and creative pursuits. As I toured blogland this morning, this caught my eye at Plumwater Cottage--a chance to remember Tasha Tudor on her birthday, August 28. The event is being hosted by Story Book Woods.
The other thing I did today was order a tutorial from Dawn at The Feathered Nest. I love her blog. She is so sweet and her creativity is inspiring! I've made altered composition books before but I thought I might enjoy seeing how Dawn works. Thanks to her for sharing her secrets with us !
Here in Central Vermont you can see trees on the hills beginning to turn to orange. We haven't had much of a summer here--lots of rain! The short summer doesn't prevent me from looking forward to fall. What a beautiful time of year it is to think of home!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! You and I are thinking alike today. I can't wait to order Dawn's new tutorial...gotta get home to my own computer and my own information first though.

    I'm sure that it took some time to decompress after the wedding. I think Melissa is in the decompressing stage now. It takes so much energy!

    The trees have started to turn here, too. I keep saying that it's not the temps, it's the dark days. They must've been so confused. Still, the flowers are making a slow comeback. Perhaps we'll have a little more enjoyment out of them yet. I so want to visit Vermont in autumn. I am trying to talk John into it right now! I'd love driving down through the Green Mountain National Forest again with them wearing their autumnal colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!