Saturday, September 20, 2008

Twenty Little Things To Treasure



Melissa never ceases to inspire me. This week she wrote about 20 Little Things to Treasure in Autumn. I was reminded about how much I enjoy this time of year. Then she returned with an invitation to post our own 20 things. Here are mine:
1. The swirl of wood smoke in the air
2. First frosty mornings make hot coffee all the more welcome
3. Getting out my favorite sweaters
4. My husband making applesauce
5. Candy corn
6. Pumpkin cake
7. A heart anniversary; remembering the day I met my husband (Sept. 29)
8. Tunbridge World’s Fair
9. Resurrecting favorite blankets and throws
10. Changing summer whites to cozy browns and reds
11. A full pantry
12. Early thoughts of the holidays fast approaching
13. Socks and shoes
14. Sparkling starry nights
15. Foliage season—the early spectacular maples followed by the yellow glow of the tamarack
16. Homemade soup
17. Deer Rides
18. Jack O’Lanterns
19. Cinnamon and cloves
20. Cozy evenings at home

Please visit The Inspired Room for more Autumn inspiration. Thank you Melissa for reminding me about my favorite time of year and the little details that make Fall so special.

10 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting. Your list is wonderful and I love the pictures. Is that your backyard? It's so fun. I noticed you live in central Vermont and while I don't think I could handle the cold for months and months, I am certainly a little jealous of your white Christmases. It rarely snows on Christmas here in the South!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! And thanks for the reminder that I must join in.

    Your pictures are wonderful...wonder if I could get John to make some applesauce. He peeled all the apples for a pie. That's the worst part for me so I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun list to read. Sounds like you stay busy during this season - so many things to enjoy both indoors and out! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fall wreath-
    Fun reading your list- although I have to say...I not sure what a deer ride is, but I'm sure it's fun! I'm a Ca. gal, so I'm clue-less sometimes :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your twenty favorite things about this season. Your twenty things are the most original that I have read. I love Melissa's blog she always posts such fun challenges. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cozy evenings at home...that is so me!
    Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful list...it just spells fall! And it is feeling like fall today as well...the furnace is coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh. homemade applesauce, starry nights, romantic anniversaries...you're making me almost like Fall! Love your Autumn list Kathy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, applesauce...Great list of wonderful things. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!