Make new friends
But keep the old
One is silver
The other gold
Yesterday my sister and fellow blogger Cindy left me a little award. Aw, gee. That was nice of her. She has a great blog about her family and her faith. It’s a privilege to know her not just as my sister but as a wise and good friend.

The award didn’t come with any rules but it’s a “blog friendship” award. With that in mind, I would like to honor some of my blog friends. Girls, no need to do anything with the award (unless you want to). Make up your own rules.
I read quite a few blogs and enjoy them all but these five women have truly made a difference in my life.
Vee at A Haven for Vee writes almost every day about her daily life. I’ve enjoyed her reflections and I feel a kinship to her since we are both in the Northeast US. Vee regularly visits my blog and is a faithful commenter. I know she is a beloved blogger for many! Thanks, Vee, for your blog friendship. I hope someday we will get a chance to meet in person. I’m sure there would be quite a bit of laughter in the conversation!
When I first started blogging, I “met” Karen at A Scrapbook of Inspiration. In fact, I think she might have been the first stranger to ever comment on my blog. Her own blog has grown and evolved into a beautiful reflection of her faith and creativity. She still stops by occasionally and I am always thankful for her comments. Thank you, Karen, for setting the standard for bloggers, for creating a destination of peace and beauty.
Kathy at Mimi’s Garden is wonderful. She is an example of grace in the face of some challenging health issues. I am inspired by her every time I visit her blog. I have appreciated her comments and encouragement as I planned my daughter’s wedding and especially her thoughts for the “recovery” following the event! She often says just the right thing to me, either in a blog comment or via e-mail. Thank you Kathy!
Judy at My Front Porch has the dearest blog. I love reading her stories about farm life in Canada. The love of her family, her travels, her thoughts on daily life have been a joy to me each time I visit. Thank you, Judy for sharing your experiences with us.
It seems everyone knows Melissa at The Inspired Room. She has a huge blog following! Her thoughts and ideas about creating an authentic home are the best. She often will say something on her blog the very day I am thinking the same thing. This past summer, her daughter got married shortly after mine did. I appreciated hearing from her and sharing our common thoughts and emotions around the events. Thank you, Melissa, for making the goal of a beautiful home one that feels within reach. I knew I would be a reader the day I saw the big giraffe. Authenticity and “being real” in a world of facades is a refreshing change.
Thank you girls, not just for your blog friendship but for the Christian faith you all have in common and reflect in your writing. It is my privilege to honor you all today. As long as you all keep writing, I’ll keep reading!
I am really touched to receive this award, Kathy. It means a lot to me. I love my blogging friends, both old and new...no matter how many new friends come along, I never ever forget all the special ones I've gained over time. I only wish there were more hours in the day to visit!
ReplyDeleteThanks again for the honor. You are a lovely friend!
Blessings,
Melissa
Thank-you so much, Kathy! It has been such fun getting to know bloggers from across the country (both yours & mine!)...and have enjoyed my visits to your blog...and catching a glimpse into the everyday happenings in your part of the world. Four sisters...isn't that just the best? I am one of five sisters...spread over nine years...and there's nothing like having a siter for a friend. Thanks again for passing along the award.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kathy! What a boost to get such a nice award with such sweet affirmations. I feel the very same way about you, my dear. And let's plan a get-together the next time I get married in Vermont. LOL! I'm honored, too, to be included with such an illustrious group.
ReplyDeleteYou and your sisters are the cutest gals. You all look as if you have a lot of fun when you get together! (I would watch out for Michelle. She looks right full of it! ;>)
Dear Cathy,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your award. Your sisters look beautiful and I know what you mean about sisters blessing your life. Thank you so much for your kind words. I love coming here. Karen