
It's a cold, wet morning here in Central Vermont. It's hard to get motivated to go outside to work when there is soup to be made! I'm thankful for a job so close to home. I have a (literally) two minute commute. Often I return home for lunch. Today I'm putting a whole chicken in the crock pot to cook for the afternoon. My husband will enjoy the chicken gravy tonight! Then, I'll make some soup. My crock pot is my friend. (or should I call it a slow cooker?? Are they the same thing and I just am not up with the times?)

I wanted to take part in Melissa's
Porches on Parade but I live at the end of a long driveway and often my porch, lovely as it is to sit on and watch the world go by, isn't always photo worthy. In addition, the little village I live in doesn't celebrate fall with beautifully planned out doors and front porches. It's just the nature of the neighborhood. In any case, it was with excitement that an opportunity for participating came on my visit to Philadelphia. I'm looking forward to posting my discovery on October 20.
I know what you mean! I started attempting to gather photos for Melissa's event when I first learned. I think I have two or three worthy. People just don't decorate in the Northeast the way they do elsewhere I've decided.
ReplyDeleteCold and wet here, too. Wish I had a crockpot. :D
Hey, I love the wreath on your door! To me that is picture worthy, but then again, you have seen my porch... :)
ReplyDeleteWe are having crock pot stew tonight. If crockpot is an old timer term, well, then I have reached old timer too soon. :)
What a wonderful commute! I am a bit afraid to photo people's homes here, even though they go all out for fall. One day, I was photographing someone's fence and they came out an yelled at me. Now I just admire from a distance. I love your wreath and that dinners sounds yummy. Karen
ReplyDelete