Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fifty Days of Simple Pleasures

Teresa at Plumwater Cottage has invited her readers to Fifty Days of Simple Pleasures. From now until the end of the year, share the simple things that give you pleasure. What a great idea, especially during this chaotic time--I don't mean just the holidays.

Today I join in with the first of my simple pleasures--my favorite coffee mug. Actually, I have three similar mugs. All of them remind me of special vacations. I bought two of them in London. The one pictured above and its mate. The third I purchased at Epcot/Disney World in a British Tea Shop.

It's the simple things I love the best about my life. I treasure my mugs. They bring me a little bit of happiness each morning when I pour my coffee.

Simple Pleaure #1
Drinking my morning coffee from a favorite mug

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. I love that mug, and it looks like one of those hardy ones that make a nice cup of tea or coffee taste better.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot beverages are always featured prominently on my list of favorite things...if I have coffee or teas or hot chocolate on hand, I'm a happy camper.

    Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how small things can bring so much warmth to the heart as it brings back a special memory. Some of my favorite things are special to me because of the memory attached. Beautiful cup you've shown today, Kathy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very pretty mug...I can perfectly imagine your using it every morning.

    I hope to be able to join Teresa come December. That would be a wonderful time to think about simple pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto on that morning coffee in my favorite mug!!! Lovely mug!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!