My sister Cindy (aka Poopsie) is having a 100th post giveaway. She made her prize. I'm not surprised by this. Throughout her life, Cindy has creatively made gifts or even given away a treasured possession when necessary. One of the lovely parts of living in a time where money IS an object, is the opportunity to give away a little piece of yourself through the making of gifts with your hands. Cindy made new Christmas cards from old Christmas cards when it wasn't the rage. One year for Christmas she spray painted mixed nuts gold and strung them on metallic thread-probably she thought of it herself. She couldn't afford to read Martha! I've put them on my Christmas tree year after year. They are so cute! I wish I had thought of this before now, but I have what might be considered a "mixed media" piece of artwork she did for my husband and I as a wedding gift. She was 12 at the time without any financial resources. If you want to see what she is up to these days, please stop by and visit Thoughts From My Head.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Thoughts from Her Head
My sister Cindy (aka Poopsie) is having a 100th post giveaway. She made her prize. I'm not surprised by this. Throughout her life, Cindy has creatively made gifts or even given away a treasured possession when necessary. One of the lovely parts of living in a time where money IS an object, is the opportunity to give away a little piece of yourself through the making of gifts with your hands. Cindy made new Christmas cards from old Christmas cards when it wasn't the rage. One year for Christmas she spray painted mixed nuts gold and strung them on metallic thread-probably she thought of it herself. She couldn't afford to read Martha! I've put them on my Christmas tree year after year. They are so cute! I wish I had thought of this before now, but I have what might be considered a "mixed media" piece of artwork she did for my husband and I as a wedding gift. She was 12 at the time without any financial resources. If you want to see what she is up to these days, please stop by and visit Thoughts From My Head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well I went right over. What a cute trio of angels!
ReplyDeleteI can tell that you think the world of your sis. She sounds like a wonderful gal. I had to go back an reread looking for naughty Santa. LOL! Another character!
I just stopped by your sister's blog. She is so funny, and I love her cute angel giveaway. I also stopped by Vee's blog today and she wrote about the gorgeous doll that she purchased from you. Have a wonderful weekend, we have lots of icy trees today. Karen
ReplyDelete