After lots of consideration, I began moving things around on New Year's Day. My husband came up and said, why do you need a "livingroom"? One of the features I liked in some of the spaces in the magazine was a sitting room area. A place to read, watch TV, do handwork. I'm trying to use what I already own. I like how it turned out.
Last night Mike asked me to help bring in the one thing I've been waiting for--for almost four years! When we sold our house, the new owner hired Mike to remodel her kitchen. Mike brought home the long piece of solid surface countertop that topped the "bar" area in our old kitchen. It's been waiting to be used ever since.
At last! A work surface I can spread out on!! Gone are the days of trying to do things on the dining room table or a wobbly folding table. The work day will not go by fast enough. Tonight I am going to reorganize my fabric. I haven't decided which direction the work table will go. You can see my sewing "area" in the background of this "before" photo.
It isn't pretty.
Maybe I will be inspired to finally finish this.
An incredible sewing room, Kathy. Aren't you the lucky girl!
ReplyDeleteHave a perfectly wonderful week...Kathy
Kathy - I followed you hear from Vee's blog. I must say I really like what you did with your sewing room. We must have our sanctuary as women, don't you think? I'm glad you got yours. It looks very comfortable and inspiring! Vickie
ReplyDeleteOh my, what an awesome sewing room. Is it okay if I'm green with envy. Enjoy your little piece of heaven.
ReplyDeleteOh I hope you finish that quilt...it's gorgeous! What fantastic colors and patterns.
ReplyDeleteThat work table is marvelous. John raised a folding table for me so that I don't have to bend. What a blessing!
I see that you've got those kneewalls just as I do. I think that Margo has some good solutions for those unusual spaces...I'll go check it out and bring back the link. Your hubby might be more inclined to help than mine is right now. He's too busy. Actually, I hope that yours is busy, too.
I love the sitting area. Since John joins me in my sewing room to keep me company quite often, I keep a chair there for him, too.
Sugar! She changed her blog so her archives don't go back that far. Oh well...if I ever see anything like it again, I'll share. It was a work table built under the eaves with storage and all kinds of neat things.
ReplyDeletethanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.
ReplyDeleteSending you an e-mail.
ReplyDeleteHey, you know I am green with envy. You have a whole room to yourself! Wait a minute, almost an entire house! :P
ReplyDeleteI kove time spent in your "living room". It is a nice place for a quiet chat or just time together with out the hub bub of the rest of the world.
I can't wait to see your table in action. I think it is awesome that you got to keep that countertop. I know how many memories were created at the penisula in your old kitchen.
Love you,
Cindy P :)
What a beautiful, cozy, and inspiring sewing room. I love your large work surface, just perfect. I found you through Carol at scrappyquilter. Have a great day. Blessings, Heather
ReplyDelete