Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring Hope

It's going to be weeks yet before we see Spring here in Central Vermont. On Saturday, it was 45 degrees and we felt like it was summertime. It felt good to shed the winter coat, even for one day. But hope "springs" eternal so I've made a list of what I'm looking forward to as Spring approaches.


1. Robins appear. Christie called yesterday from Virginia with her first Robin spotting. They are headed north!

2. Swirls of steam from maple sugar houses

3. Green grass

4. Mud boots instead of winter boots

5. The first crocus (I've got another month to wait)



6. Opening the windows to let fresh air in

7. Quilt Shop Hop (this weekend!)

8. Daffodils in bunches at the grocery store; eventually in the garden

9. Brightly colored Easter eggs

10. Celebrating birthdays in March (my husband, my oldest daughter, my sister, ME!)

11. Cherry Blossom Time in Washington DC

12. Lingering sunshine as evening approaches

13. Going to the garden center for plants

14. The sound of a baseball bat cracking the ball

15. Peep frogs! (my sister heard them in Connecticut over the weekend so I'm hopeful)

16. New lambs

17. The smell of warming earth

18. Trading noisy studded tires for quieter summer tires

19. Hanging sheets on the line outside again

20. Resurrection Sunday (my favorite holiday is Easter!)

3 comments:

  1. Oooh that quilt shop hop sounds like fun. Check out my newest quilt...you'll see some familiar material. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Quilt Shop Hop sounds like your best hope right now! Funny how those birthdays all landed in March...much like so many of ours are in February or October. Course John landed in your month so that makes it special.

    Yup, all that snow beyond your windows is what we're still seeing here. I was going to do a contest, but the thought of posting weekly snow reports makes me ill. ;>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love - and share your list, Kathy. Spring cannot arrive soon enough for me!
    xo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!